california tops or rockgear?

Where to fit my spare?

i have a california soft top on my yj. im from edmonton and am friends with the owner who makes the tops himself, and i think they are the best tops around. i have the spice full soft top and a three piece combo. ive had both for about 4 years now and they both look and work great, no problems, and take about 2 min to put on once you got it broke in, and looks awesome. check out the website above.

Hey BENT, thanks for the info! Do you know if the "Sport top" is the same on the YJ as it is on the TJ? I have a YJ, and I like the features of the one that's pic'd on the site, but that one is a TJ. The YJ version costs less so I don't know if it has the same features. If you don't know, maybe you could ask your friend!

the tj has a different mounting setup than the yj, so i dont thing they are interchangable, but they should be the same top. some of my friends have them on thier tjs, and they look the same

they are an awesome looking top. it has to be pretty cold before i put my hardtop on, it just doesnt look the same.

98 mustang trade for jeep with V8

Well, frameless is the way to go. I just purchased a top from Bestop, and it was do damn hard to install. And to top it off, they forgot to add the upper door skins, so I have to wait for them to arrive. I installed the top regardless, and it looks great, but that frame was hell to set up. I'd say you try the frameless top. -al

Well, frameless is the way to go. I just purchased a top from Bestop, and it was do damn hard to install. And to top it off, they forgot to add the upper door skins, so I have to wait for them to arrive. I installed the top regardless, and it looks great, but that frame was hell to set up. I'd say you try the frameless top. -al

california tops

monsterrd said:
california tops rock!!!!! $350 for everything including the tinted windows. 8) 8)

How are they as far as being tight (flapping, water, etc)???

new shocks...

Pretty tight as far as water, but you will allways get some wind flapping with a soft top, but about the same as best top. I just turn the stereo up louder. :) 8) 8)

Back