Pulling someone in the snow

jpaj88

With the snow storm about to hit up here in western Ma. I thought of a question. Before the entrance to my work there is a decent sized hill that gets covered with snow. My co-workers are always getting stuck at the bottom in the winter and rely on people with 4x4's to help them up. What is the best way to help someone up a snow or ice covered hill??

Tow straps attached to tow hooks in the back, and guide them up??

Thanks,
-Joe

i would hook a strap on the rear of ur jeep and to the front of there car and just drive up it slow... i do it with my jeep here when people get stuck

Last winter the St. Louis paper got a pic of a TJ pulling a loaded 18-wheeler up an interstate ramp in the snow and ice. I think the truck just needed that little extra tug, but what a sight.

Everybody be safe in that storm, up to 12 inches predicted in some locales.

First talk to the driver of the other car. Make sure the left hand knows what the right hand is doing. Then as long as you work together there will be less of a chance of damage. tug

Re: california tops

and if it is someone you don't like, you can have a load of fun with them

Something ive always made sure to do! ~ First and formost I tell them ( I do this whenever im helping anyone with car problems) if something goes screwey or something ends up happening that im only here to help, and whatever im about to do is cool with them, and that if something happens im not responsible.
PS. Be safe out there guys, I tried driving to my girlfriends house on the other side of the state today (About 2 hours) and turned around cause it was nutty. Why does it seem like all the bad drivers and jerks suddenly have some place to go and come out driving in force when the weather gets bad???

yea make it clear you are not responable for any damaged caused to there car. otherwise it can get ugly.. and go as slow as you can but keep enough momentum ( brain fart and cant spell that today) to get up the hill

Back