SYE output shaft to stock output shaft...?

Joopin

Super Moderator
I am in the middle of my SOA project here and I have a question for my fellow jeepers. What I need to know is the dimension from the backplate of the transfer case, to the center of the outputshafts Ujoint, ONLY on a T-case with a SYE installed.

<back of transfercase plate
|
|----- \
|-------><O <ujoint
|------/
|
|

|-----------|
here to here

So if anyone has a SYE installed on their wrangler, all you have to do is take that measurement and post it, it would be a great help to me.
The reason I am doing this, is to install the rear driveshaft before installing the SYE due to lack of time. I only have tomorrow to finish this project and then I have to roll the jeep out of the shop where I work.
If this idea fails, I will just have to find a way to bolt on the spring perches temporarily. Thanks for any help.
Joopin

Oh and thanks to Fireman Harry and his friends I got the front axle all done, Thanks guys!

you intend to bolt on the spring perches? are they the bolt on style? and.. what driveshaft are you planning on installing? if you bought a cv style, with a slipjoint in the shaft, and intend to install that onto the slipyoke of a stock output, you may end up losing the shaft due to too much allowance of slip

Back