How do i get more articulation?

red89yj

Hey everyone... Here is my dilema. Im looking to get the most articulation and flex out of my YJ's stock suspension. What do I have to remove/change in order to get the rig into one of those show-off "1 wheel climbing" poses? I have a nice pile of snow from the plow infront of my house that i cant seem to get up for some pictures. . .

Pull out your rear track bar, disconnect the sway bar, bend your spring clamps up a bit....

in addition to those, you can get a telescoping front track bar. What kind of shape are your stock springs in? I've heard some folks on here mention lubricating leaves in the spring packs. That would help. I don't know how much flex you could get from stock springs. Mine were totally shot and barely moved at all, but some use them for spring over, so they must move somewhat if in decent shape.

You could even remove the one bolt from the front trac bar, get your pose, and then bolt it back. Be sure to zip-tie the loose end up and out of the way. Other than that... revolver shackles, z-boxes, other costly mods.

C

If you want the "3 wheel Pose" then wouldn't you want Less Articulation. The more you have the closer that 4th wheel will be to the ground.

redrooster said:
I would say if you want to get on that pile of snow either get bigger tires or go faster.

I like the way you think.......:D

i Have the same kinda prob cause im the weekend warrior type and i have a basically stock jeep and i am trying to figure out how to do some of the poses and keep my jeep kinda stock..... ive gotten some 1 wheel pick and some top of the rock pile pics i took at a constuction site but hodo you do some other poses and does that hurt the frame? tires? axles? by doing those poses

Yeah i guess that would suck....:: "let me get out and take a pic." ::eek:pens door walks a few feet and hears a load thud and turns slowly:: "opps"

Is there certain things to look for in a particular spot for a good pose? or what not? or should i just go climb stuff till i think im lookin good and get out trot a couple feet turn and take a look?

YJnamedTJ,

What do you drive, anyway?! You should list it in your signature, even if it's stock, so we can better answer your questions. If you have a TJ, you should NOT remove your track bars.

hi_C

I agree with Bounty. The more fun you have wheel'n the better poses you get if you want them. You can usually tell the ones that are "set up."

lol don't be a Poser, please. Just let it come naturally.

Bounty, this is great:

The poses don't hurt anything unless you flop on your side

I was thinking exactly the same thing. lol

Lady

i agree about not looking for poses... i say go out, have fun, break stuff, and if you happen to find something picture worthy, snap it up

Long lost one heard from LOL...The best way to gain articulation is to drop the leaf springs and get a set of coils :)

Rob 8) :p :D

Back