more power to a 2.5 I-4?

Greencuke

i have a 95 yj w/ a 2.5 I-4 and i would very much like to give it a few more balls. Ive been giving some thought to an air intake (k&N maybe?) but ive read many conflicting reports from people. I know there's only so much power i can squeeze out of it, but id like to get as much as i can for as little as i can get away w/ spending. Anyone got any ideas?

Reggie

[addsig]

high flow Catalytic Converter

high flow Cat back exhaust

I think they have Throttle body spacers that could help

add the K&N filter along with a cold air intake[addsig]

There's a post around here somewhere that says just about everything. But again, Throttle body spacer, 4.0 throttle body, header, free flow cat., 240 or 256 camshaft, MSD spark box, 8.8mm wires, maybe a Rock-it intake. It all depends on how much you want to spend. I also did some custom head work on mine.[addsig]

thanx, how cheap can i do this stuff for? and i dont want it to sound like a getto banger car...[addsig]

if i could only afford to do one, intake, exust or cat conv. which should i do?[addsig]

there"s a restrictor in the air intake nozzle. pull that pice out, it looks like an hour glass. i heard they put it in cause the engine had too much power.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back