New upgrade for my Jeep! Woohoo!

pezzo33

well, I told myself I would not change anything on my Jeep till after the new year, but I could not resist.

my 'new' replacement jeep is an 89 just like the old one, and as you can all imagine, the seats were, umm, less than new condition. they were broken, and i felt like i was sitting in the back seat.

Sooo....

I got new ones :) black, steel horse cloth seats, reclinable, with heaters built in!
nice and comfy (although i will probably never use the heaters..oh well..). They are new of course, so sit a little higher, good side suppost, good back support, very nice!

Now th best part. Quadratec sells the same thing (without the heaters) for $180 each plus shipping! Foudn an ebay vendor and got them, for the pair, brand new, choice of color for $300 shipped! Woohoo!

Definitly a recommendation for anyone getting or looking for new seats. they are nice, and a great price!

Barry

Dude, you have to hook up the heaters. That's way to easy to do and oh so nice on a cold day (especially if you are Commando).

Heated seat man I know I would have to hook em up if I had em. If nothing else just as a self drying system hehehe Tug

An electric heater, encased in foam and cloth, directly under my butt. What if it shorts out and catches fire while you are traveling down the highway at 60mph or on the trail in the middle of an off-camber situation?

I seem to have bad luck with wiring though, so I'm kind of paranoid about electrical accessories.

Did you receive the seats yet? What do you think about them? I bought a set from that guy on E-bay and it was a real POS. He's supposed to be sending me out a shipping slip to send it back via FedEx. We'll see how it all ends up. Glad I bought the insurance through paypal.

same guy, i wonder?

They are standard issue steal horse seats, just like you woudl get from quadratec. They are not perfect, but good. they are comfy enough for me, and they are new. There in my jeep already.

I mean, they are not OEM quality, but they are not OEm price either.

oh well.
good luck with your situation
Barry

New Chat Room launched

Don't worry about them catching fire. You're supposed to carry a fire extinguisher anyway. I turn the heated seats on in the summer and ride around with the air-conditioner running. Helps your back out on long trips.

redrooster said:
Don't worry about them catching fire. You're supposed to carry a fire extinguisher anyway. I turn the heated seats on in the summer and ride around with the air-conditioner running. Helps your back out on long trips.

Hehehehe heated seats and AC you boys aint riden in Jeeps your ridding in something else! hehehe tug

I hope you have better luck with SteelHorse products than a lot of jeepers have, they're usually synonymous with rust and weak metal. The most important thing is that you like them and feel you got your moneys worth. Most bad stories I hear are with bumpers and other exterior products, referred to as RustyMule :lol:

Give us a longterm update, like this time next year after a hard summer's use.

Back