jet chip

xcasillas

i own a jeep 97 tj 2.5 liter. i have a 3 inch body lift with 32 inch tires. trying to get a little engine performance. i want to buy a jet performance chip. anyone know if that will help, or should i combo it with exhaust or even maybe headers?
thanks

We put a K&N filter, a cat back exhaust, headers, and a chip in our 99 TJ and it didn't make enough difference for the amount of money it all cost. For the amount of money get a turbo charger. Look at www.turbocity.com/JeepTurboPage1.htm.

phays, i also have a 99 TJ and am looking for a little oomph, do you have anysuggestions? which one of your mods preovided the most, i would like some more power, but im not sure if i want to go as far as a turbo. If i was to do anything like that, it would be a nitrous fogger system.

a turbo would not be too good for our applications.. a supercharger would be a much better option.. but if you want low cost power from a jeep's engine... replace the fan with an electric fan... the gains are quite nice

go with a high-flow air intake (K&N, etc.). thats the easiest way to let your engine breath better (and breathing better is the same principle that a turbo charger works on...). i have one in my 4.0 and i really did notice a difference (much more than the TB spacer i used).

Back