heater core leaking

Jeepenstevo

I have a 1990 yj wranlger that has a leaky heater core. Their is anafreze in my passangers floor mat. What all will I need to do to replace it? Do i need to pull the dash or what? Should i do the blazer blower upgrade while im in there? any advice would be nice thanks.

Follow the Blazer upgrade instructions but when the Assy is out remover the back and replace the Core. Doing the blazer motor while you are in ther will be a matter of making the hole bigger in the firewall. Everyghing else will already be appart.

You don't need to pull the dash apart, but you will need to find the correct nuts to get it out. All the nuts to get it loose are on the engine side of the firewall. If you get a repair manual it will have a diagram (though its a small one) which may help locating the nuts. One thing that hung me up was getting the assy back under the dash all the way... it ended up being the antenna keeping me from pushing it in! So save yourself a half hour of frustration and take out the antenna before doing any of this!

I had the same problem with the antena but my Jeep had been layed over on its side so It was dented. I figured that was why it got in the way.

i didn't have trouble with the antenna on my 89 yj.
while you have it apart, take the time to clean out all the ducting. you would be amazed at all the gunk in there. really does make a diffrence.

Back