Experts help b4 she blows!!!!

blue94yj

I'm 17 and ive had my jeep for jsut about a year now. Its ben fun this past year lotta mudding but now just like everything else has a few problems and needs a few repairs so i came to you guys.Im gonna combine all the problems into this one forum.

Problem 1:My motor is just slightly starting to make some noise.I asked my buddy what he thinks it is and he said my bareings are starting to go and soon im prolly gonna have a rod knockin.But hes not always the sharpest knife in the drawer so thats why im asking you guys.

Problem 2:I put a 2 in shakel lift on my jeep and it flatened my leafs almost completly flat.I have a very stiff ride now.Its a 94 so 10 years im shure there kinda worn out, but my :?: is do you think i should buy like a 2 in lift kit or try to get thicker stronger leafs.I believe mine only have 4 slabs of metal i dont know how to actually say it but im thinkin about gettin more slabs like bigger leafs if i can.have any idea which idea is better?

Problem 3: Just found out my u joints are shot today. Everytime ive drivin it for awhile i here a clickin in my front wheels. I found out it was the u-joints. Im told not to use 4 wheel drive cause I could snap my axle or sumtin like that. But thing is i have used it in 4 wheel since ive hered the clickin and the forcast is saying over 6 inches of snow coming up.Last time we had snow and i used 2wd mailboxes got hit.Cant be having that again so tell me am i safe with 4wd till i get u joints changed or what.

Problem 4:Last problem.I promise. I dont know how long its been doing it but it didnt do it when i bought it.But when i turn my heater on either to def or heat i here a tiny chirping noise.When its on vent or cold air its fine.I have no a/c so its just cold vent or defroster.But the heat on Defroster or heat makes just a continuas chirping and its very annoying.What is it?HELP

Im sorry for so much but i know u guys can help out.

I'm no expert but sometimes I guess right, so I'll give it a go.

Engines make lots of noises. What kind of noise? When is it making the noise? Impossible to give you an answer without more descriptive info.

When you compress positively arched springs into a reversed or even flat state, you will weaken the spring and it will lose it's load carrying abilities faster. The longer shackles combined with aggressive wheeling probably allowed your factory springs to extend to the point that they went past their intended working range a few times too many and they have fatigued. You need new springs. Don't crutch it up, add-a-leafs will wear out quickly and could cause you to experience a broken leaf. Good time for a lift kit. And throw away those shackles and replace them with some shorter ones, they are way too long.

You are driving around with a grenade mounted at each end of your front axle with those worn out u-joints. When they blow(and they will), they will probably take out a shaft. Fixing them is easy and they are cheap, especially compared to the cost of an axle shaft.

Don't know about the heater problem, but I would look toward the fan motor first. Possibly a flap in the heater box that isn't closing and the air leak is causing the noise, but that would be more of a whistle than a chirp.

as far as the motor... IF your buddy knows what he's talking about, and you have bad bearings, you will want that changed in soon time... but i dont' see where he says "you'll have a rod knocking" if it is a rod bearing, then the noise you hear is already a rod knocking... if it is a main bearing, chances are that your rods will be unaffected

onto suspension. the shackles allow the springs to open slightly eye to eye... which allows them to lay flatter, which decreases spring rate, and life as well... your springs are tired... replace your spring packs with new ones... whether a lift or not, you want complete packs... you may have a spring shop around that can do it for you, or you can order a lift kit to handle the job.... and when you do that... make sure your new shackles are no longer than 5" hole to hole

Ujoints... yeah... if they happen to grab and not give, you'll be breaking an ear off on your axle shaft, not fun. they are not entirely tough to change, but if you don't know what you are doing, it can be intimidating. Shops around here will charge about $100 to do both. If you have any faith in what you can do, go for it, we can help you through it.

heater... simply sounds like your blower motor may have a bad bearing in it.. might be time to look into a blower upgrade

Hey thanks guys. As of right now I need a fan clutch and i think that may be the reason my motor makes noise so i gotta fix that then ill know if im right or not.

Yea I do need a lift but i dont wanna get rid of the shackels right now becuase the 31's are brand new i dont want them rubin.But for shure I need a lift.

Im putin in a new clutch this weekend so ill prolly put in new u-joints to and if my brother pays me the money he owes me im hopin to put in the fan clutch 2.

The heater its to fuckin cold to check it out right now. Ill just turn up the music a lil more so i dont here it.But mayb this weekend ill check it out as im fixin the other shit.

The heater its to BLEEPIN cold to check it out right now

it doesn't bother me, i use the words in my own daily talk, and i'm sure you didn't mean to use it in the wrong way... but... we do have families on board with children who read this material... please be careful on usage of the words

Back