Removal of mold? from soft top.

JeredYJ

I have a gray Bestop soft top and it is beginning to accumulate mold? or fungus? spots on it. What is a safe way to remove this? Bleach? Laundry detergent? thanks!
jered

There are prolly some other opinions out there but I've used GoJo hand cleaner and a soft brush on white car convertible tops before and it works great. There may be an easier way though.

valve cover questions. . .

Go with the gojo or any other of those cleaners. oxyclean or a citrus cleaner should work well also.

Ok, got most of the moldy look out with laundry detergent and a good scrubbing, but the stink is still there! Do you all think citrus products help with the moldy smell? thanks. jered

yup, but beware, some might leave a "heating oil" smell behind. sunlight is key, that will help dry it out and get rid of the musty smell.

Is the mold from sitting in storage somewhere ot is it from everyday moisture in the Jeep? I would try some "Clean Shower" That stuff is awesome. A true Bachelor's friend! Just spray it every morning before you get out of your Jeep! :lol:

Yes, I'm joking. :wink:

I can’t imagine what could be worse than a house that smells like a garbage can? recently brought a kitten home and can not teach him to go to the tray, he constantly pees on our favorite carpet, which we can not completely clean now. the smell remains. found out that there are enzymatic cleanhomeguide.com/what-is-an-enzymatic-cleaner/ cleaners, how effective are they??? will it help get rid of the smell?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back