1. Does anyone know how to bypass the neutral safety switch? I bought a painless wiring kit and installed it, but I never hooked up anything to a safety switch. I don't even know where the thing is. If I could get any help on finding it or shorting it I would really appreciate it.

Zac

2. First of all, what painless kit do you have? A Cj-5 does not have neutral safety switch it will start in any gear.
    If you are talking about wiring a Chevy TBI or other computer controlled motor, you have to turn that function off in the ECM which has to be done with a laptop and programming software.
    Tell me more info on what you have and what you are trying to do? Will it work without wiring it to anything?
    Safety yellow and Handicap blue CJ with 5.3 Vortec/TH400/Tons/Atlas/Roks/Locks and Airshocks.
    1622 Miles from Moab.

Nevermind. I figured out that it didn't have a neutral safety switch this morning. The wiring kit that I bought is labeled for a safety switch, so I just bypassed where the switch would be. Now it cranks. It hasn't started yet. Thanks again for your help.

Zac