Question about D30 Front Axle

xtremejeep350YJ

recently swapped my rear D35 out infavor of a Ford 8.8" rear to better hold up under the power of my 350, problem...its gear ratio is 3.08 and my gears are 4.10 up front, i dont have the money for the 4.56 gears that i want to put in eventually right now, but with the winter and snow season coming up i need my 4wd, i have a set of 3.07 gears that a buddy of mine pulled out when he regeared his YJ, will they swap right out?

You'll have to use the carrier the 3.07's were on, they won't fit on the 4.10 carrier.

Have you tried to find 4.10 for the Ford 8.8? That's a factory ratio so they should be plentiful.

or find a 4.0 yj buddy with 3.07... trade your old axles for his/her front axle... there are many 4.0ers out there who would love to trade for some 4.10's

SCREW THAT! You need to do what Bounty said.... find a 4.10 for your Ford rearend. You'll be much happier with 4.10 gears than 3.07! Especially when you lift and get bigger tires. If you got money for a 350 and a ford rear, then you can afford the 4.10 gearing for it.

C

My jeep is done! Pics inside...

i would prefer the 4.10... but if you are like me.. then buying a 350 and attatched drivetrain, affording bread for food would be a chore after that

yeah, after all the money i spent on my conversion i dont have the cash to even aford the 4.10's in the rear, the only reason i can really do it is because i already have a set of 3.07's, i have the carrier as well as the ring and pinion gears but they're out of a 97 TJ, not a YJ like i had thought, does this change anything?

the axle swap is easy from yj to yj... but the diffs of a yj and tj will not work with each other

Back