Engine mounts

odjeep

I just got a 258 out of an 84 eagle car and i'm going to swap it into my '87 wrangler. The engine mounts on the pre-87 258's are the flat single stud kind and they switched to the newer kind in 87. My question is, will the engine mount arms from the 87 bolt up to the 84 block? Did AMC they keep the same block casting and just redo the mounts? The bolt holes look to be in exactly the same places but I just wanted to be sure.

od

Not too sure, but give advanced adapters a call, they might be able to give you some more specific info!

Probably the same mount to the block. Just uses different looking motor mounts for various years. Like Chevy used to use one bracket across the front of their small blocks on some applications but still had the mounts casted for the traditional center motor mount. Call one of the polyurethane manufacturers and see if they can help. I would highly recommend using poly mounts. I went thorugh 3 of the rubber ones before going to poly. No problems since.

Thanks guys for the sugestions, i'll call advanced adapters and energy suspension to see what they say.

od

Back