Steering stabilizer as trac-bar

joejeepny

I was wondering why I havent seen a steering stabilizer used as a trac-bar. I would think it would work great. It would damper the movement of the axle on the road but let it articulate of road.

2002 TJ Performance

I have seen a telescoping front track bar, I think JKS makes it. You just loosen a nut or something when your going offroading, and tighten it back up when your done. Its similar to your idea, but that would have to be a long @$$ stabilizer! I think you may get some bump steer though, who knows... it would be cool to try though! Try it and let me know, if it goes well I'll do it, a stabilizer is cheaper than that telescoping trackbar!

it could still allow the side to side movement, which is a nono.... though... i do understand your theory... it is not bad

It would have to be on heck of a stabilizer. I think the telescoping track bar, which locks for on-road use, would be a much safer choice.

Onroad you want zero movement out of a trackbar, and the stabilizer would not give this. The importance of zero movement is compounded if you have a rear locker.

Back