Body mount and engine mount question.

Bucky

I was looking at my body mounts yesterday and they are shot! So, should I go with rubber or polyurethane? My main concern is the overall stiffness, and the accompanying chiropractor bills. Also, which should I use for the engine mounts?

i use poly body mounts and have not had any problems with them. as for engine mounts i used daystar and i think they are poly as well. the difference between my daystar mounts and the oem ones is the amount of engine movement it allows. the day star's are very ridgid and dont allow as much movement as oem ones do.

I just order poly engine mounts since my fan ate my radiator last summer. Not mention I have this mystery "gunking" sound that is about to drive me nuts. Hopefully this kill two birds with one stone.

I also have poly body mounts and haven't noticed anything different then when I had oem rubber ones.

My vote, Go Poly!!

Go with the poly on both. You have a CJ, harsh ride is a part of the jeeping experience. The difference that you will feel between the poly and the rubber when in the seat is nominal. We sell alot of the daystar 1" body lifts and the motor mounts and I have never had anyone come back talking about feeling new vibrations.

Thank you all for the responses. Bounty Hunter, are you talking about mechanical vibrations transmitting into the frame? What would be the extent of the vibrations?

Back