Update on Tire Swap situation--More advice

geopig

Hi all,

Thanks again for all of the previous advice on lifts for my potential tire swap. So here's the deal, the girl that I was going to swap with has realized that her Jeep is gonna look pretty stupid with the stock tires and a 5" lift. So she asked if I wanted to take the lift off her hands too!! I'm not kidding here. The only thing is, I have no idea whether this is possible or even recommended. I would imagine removing the lift from her jeep is not a great idea. Anybody want to chime in on this?

My other idea is that since she really doesn't like her current setup, maybe an entire jeep swap may be possible. Right now all I know is that her's is a 93 YJ (with the 5" lift and 33's) and mine is a 91 stock(ish) and in great shape. Anybody from California (Sully :D ) know if it is a big deal to swap vehicles? I may propose this to her, who knows this could really be a kickass deal!!

Let me know what you guys think!

Man you are making a killer deal!Swap vehicles eh?Never done something like that on a motor vehicle before.I dont know if it could be done.Check with the dmv or ask someone on here.

whats wrong with that girl. Why would you not want 5" lift and 33's. Definitely try the swap, dont know what your laws are but you may just have to sell to each other for $0.00. CAn you do that, I dont know, as said before check with DMV they may have some enlightening info for you. Good luck man, this may be the deal of the century. Offer her a $100 and the jeep then she cant pass it up right?hehe

If both vehicles are paid for, should be a fairly easy deal. All you would be doing is signing the titles over to each other, then each of you will have to pay any CA ragistration and licensing fees. Not too familiar with CA laws, but I would make the transaction more like a gift from one to the other, this would avoid any taxes that might be required through CA laws. I doubt there are but...

You could sell them to eachother for fairly cheap...on paper. I would make an appointment at the DMV and ask someone how they will screw with you. I just got my CJ-7 from a guy in Burbank last July and you both will have to hava a SMOG cert less than 90 days old. The good news is I only paid sales tax and a $15 title transfer since the tags were good for 9 more months. Remember...what you put on the title is what they gouge you for on registration... no matter how hard Uncle Arnie tries to help.

Back