YJ dash vents

laneiac

Anyone know where I can get the vents that run along the lower part of the dash, kind of where the ashtray and lighter are? If you get JP there is an example on a blue YJ with 44's in the Feb 04 issue on page 58.

I found them online for about $17 each!!! that is way too much for those little things. Let me know if you do find them cheaper.-al

Do you have the Y piece that screws to the heater under the center of the dash, directing the heat to both floorboards?

Some early YJ's didn't come with this, and the piece from newer YJ's bolts right on for better heat on the feet.

IU've often wondered the same thing. I really doubt it unless you are ready to do a true custom setup. My heater is great the way it is, even if it only blows up or down. I bet if you don't have that piece that Bounty is talking about, it won't feel as efficient.-al

If your talking about the piece directing air to each side of the floor under the dash, then yes, I have that piece. My heater gets plenty hot, its just that here in rain soaked OR, a little more direct heat on rain soaked clothing is nice at times. Thanks for your input so far guys.

there was a thread some time shortly back on modifying that vent to use in the heater... gadget maybe?

I saw a picture somewhere, can't remember where, and some guy installed directional heater vents right in his dash on his YJ that pointed straight out like most vehicles have. Anybody ever seen or heard of this? I'd love to install that in my YJ. It's the one big thing I think the jeep heating system is missing.

Back