Rough Country, good or Bad?

Renegade79

I am deciding what suspension lift to get for my CJ5 and it seems that the 4" rough country fits my budget best. Is this a quality product and does anyone have one on their rig? I need a product review. Thanks

I just put the 3" lift on my YJ back in October. I have to say I like it. For the price it is well worth it. It rides well and gave it a nice lift with no drive shaft vibration. The instructions where a little lacking but other than that I am very satisfied. When it came a bolt was missing so I called them. A replacement was sent out and arrived at my house within 2 days.

I just put the 4" kit on my TJ. I like it so far, rides well, flexes good. The instructions could have been better, but overall I like it.

Renegade,

I just put a 4" Hell Creek Kit on my YJ. It's basically the RC kit, but with Hell Creek brand springs. These springs are guaranteed for the life of the vehicle. They make a CJ kit, that's 4" for $389. Mine was a very complete kit including hydro shocks and a dropped pitman arm (plus all the regular kit crap). I have had mine installed for 2 months and stand by it. It's a very complete and very guaranteed kit. Here's the link:
http://www.hellcreeksuspensions.com/jeep.htm

Let us know what you choose.

C

bought one and put it on my old YJ and loved it. Best price anywhere on a Rough Country back in them days was at http://www.followmyrutz.com/catalog_2/default.php Look it over and see if it saves you any money at all. If I buy another lift it will be Rough Country. tug

This is the results of the 3.5 with 31's on a YJ
image-missing.png

Tug,
What's that wet spot on the ground by your YJ? Couldn't you hold it for another minute while you took the pictures?

You might want to check with ECOR (Jeepz member), he could give you a price on some kits for your CJ. I know the RC is pretty inexpensive, but so is the BDS for a CJ, and maybe others. Won't hurt to look around.

I've got the Rough country 3.5" lift on my YJ and it's pretty good for the price. Like any lift it rides like an empty beer can,but its not too bad.

TwistedCopper said:
You might want to check with ECOR (Jeepz member), he could give you a price on some kits for your CJ. I know the RC is pretty inexpensive, but so is the BDS for a CJ, and maybe others. Won't hurt to look around.

Just for the record FollowMyRutz is a member as well and just about as active. Both seem to busy selling and shipping parts to be online very much. tug :wink:

I also installed the 3" RC lift on my 95 YJ back in October. I have no complaints. Dont let the price fool you. I feel its a good quality kit. Though if I knew about the Hell Creek with the warranty I probaly would have gone that way. Good luck on your decision. I think no matter what you decide you will love it. Nothing like gaining a few inches on your Baby!

MSD coil

I've been really impressed with how the Rough Country lifts do on the trail, and everybody I know that has them really likes them. Go for it.

Back