2 wheel low

jps4jeep

Super Moderator
Has anyone seen this product before for a NP 231?

image-missing.png

It is a advanced adapters 2 wheel low conversion for the np 231, this would make your 231 almost the same as the atlas II minus the 4.1 low. This wouls definatly be nice have to negotiate tight turns. does it add a seperate stick shift? cause I do not see one i nthe picture?

http://www.jeepersandcreepers.com/gear/pages/aalowrange_jpg.htm

i have it on my D300... its cool... but you really need a front locker for it to do much, and if you dont have one i wouldnt worry about it

Since you have a YJ, there's an easier (*and much cheaper) way to achieve the same results. Simply replace your front axle 4wd vacuum actuator with a cable (posi-lok, bike cable) and you can shift the t-case into 4lo, then disconnect the front axle. Voila! 2Lo.

C

* - added during edit.

You can do the same thing with a 25.00 dollar super mod! Just put on a Cable Posi Loc Disconect for the front axel and 2 wheel drive Low is in there. tug

i agree with them... double digits, or triple digits? up to you

am i blind? differential code on amc 20..where?

jps4jeep said:
This wouls definatly be nice have to negotiate tight turns.
What problems are you having with tight turns?

It just provides another detent for the stock shifter.

not a bad mod really... but way too much money and trouble to get the same effect you can get for under $30

chevy TH350 with NP205 transfer case

looking at that write-up makes me think that the posi-lok cable is that much more worth it. Who wants to remove their t-case, spend 4-8 hours dis-assembling, installing new parts, re-assembling, and re-installing t-case under Jeep, plus be $200 poorer.

The only way I could see that as being a possibility is if I had the t-case out already for a SYE kit. Sorry, but I would NOT buy that kit.

C

hi_c said:
looking at that write-up makes me think that the posi-lok cable is that much more worth it. Who wants to remove their t-case, spend 4-8 hours dis-assembling, installing new parts, re-assembling, and re-installing t-case under Jeep, plus be $200 poorer.

It only took me about 4 hours to install my SYE, and I had to run out to the store to pick up some Heavy Duty Snap ring pliers! I think it would be cool to have a twin stick in a YJ with out spending the money on a atles II T-case or a dana 300 conversion.

jps4jeep said:
I think it would be cool to have a twin stick in a YJ with out spending the money on a atles II T-case or a dana 300 conversion.
You won't have a twin-stick, but you'll have the same capabilities. The stock shifter is used but allows another detent where the shifter stays in 2lo.
I'd use it for a TJ with a front locker, but not in a YJ when you have a manual pass. side shaft disconnect.

thats the info I was looking for! Thanks Bounty, I wasn't sure if it had the two sticks or just an extra detent.

yeah... it just gives you one more position back past the 4lo... it would give you (from front to back) 2hi, 4hi, N, 4lo, 2lo

Back