Suggestions Anybody?

KletusJeeps

Ok here is the story...the 2002 TJ 4.0L exhaust was too large for the 258 intake manifold to even get close to the head so I pulled the 2002 Exhaust manifold and replaced the dual headers with a 90-95 4.0 exhaust manifold that bolted up just fine but now that we have done that the intake manifold alignment pins dont match and are no where close! Does anyone have any ideas on how to get this lined up without them? Or can it be lined up at all without these pins?

I don't really know but I would amagine you could get rid of the pins as longs as the bolts still line up that would keep it in alignment. The pins are only there to make it easier to put together. The only other thing I could think of is I think read on the 4.0 head swap somewhere that you need to get a Header for the 4.0 head the regular intake manifold won't fit under the 258 intake as you found out. But a header for the 2002 engine should work but that would be more expensive.

A lot of the older motors did not have the pins. they are there to make the install easier but holding the gasket in place while positioning the manifold, like derff stated. If you still desire that type of ease to install the manifold/header, use two exhaust STUDS and put then into the inner most holes. put the gasket on, using the studs to hold it, then put the manifold on hand tighten the outer two bolts, take out the studs, and replace with bolts!

Back