89 YJ keeps dieing while driving

Welcome Orlando please give us a bit more to go on! Motor ect.... could be something as simple as your fule filter! The crew around here are full of useful info that may get you up and running but give a little more info to shoot at! tug :?:

Air Tank Question

Check the filters first (inline and in-tank sock filter), like Tug said. If all the wiring checks, then take it to a small garage and have them hook a pressure gauge to the fuel rail and check to make sure the pump is maintaining pressure. It's easy enough to do yourself, but if you don't have the gauge it will only be like a 1/2 hour labor at a garage, if that. A failing ignition coil can also cause it to die while driving and then crank back up after sitting a bit. Could be several things.... what else does it do when it dies? How hard is it to restart? Does it do anything funny before or after it dies?

What engine do you have?

If it is a 2.5 fi , check the o ring on the injecter , mine did the same thing,after replacing the fuel filters and fuel pump, found out it was a .25 fix.

I think this gentleman emailed me the other day from my cardomain page, I got a little more info out of him, he said it runs, then stalls, won't start for a while then starts up again.

I got no info on the jeep, motor, transmission, or anything. I gave the obvious answers that are listed here already. Then I added something as simple as a tune up could remedy the problem, new filters (gas/oil/air) cap rotor, plugs, wires, check timing.

another issue it could be, but unsure for jeeps, if it is a auto, and the shifter detent is a cable, sometimes when it transmission down shifts, it will cause a drastic drop in RPM's and stall the motor. But the restart issue would not happen unless the motor floods from this. I had this problem on my 68 firebird. I did a huge tune up in the engine, come to find out that the detent was misaligned on the transmission.

Back