Are your TJ fender flares going gray???

indiemo

I've noticed a lot of folks (including myself) complaining about how the fender flares on teh TJs fade to gray over time. Well, I was giving my TJ the "once over" this past weekend and instead of the usual armor all on the fender flares and used this stuff that mother's makes called "back to black" it really worked well. I put it on last Sunday and my flares haven't faded back to gray yet, despite the wet weather we've been having in PA. I just slopped on a pretty thick layer of the stuff (the rag was dripping when I was done), let it dry for about 10 minutes and then rubbed them down with another, dry rag. the one flare was really bad so it took like 2 or 3 applications, but the results were well worth it. try it out if you get a chance. just thought I'd share.[addsig]

All I did was paint mine with bumper black.[addsig]

Definately a design error somewhere on these flares. IF you look back at the

CJ`s and YJ`s, they don`t do this. It seems that these flares are made of more

of a rubber like substance than the plastic TJ and XJ flares. It sure does take

away from a nice ride to have these tacky, faded looking flares.

Of course, they SHOULD be covered in dirt anyway right?

At around 65.00 at the dealership for each, replacement is not an option for

myself!
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Yeah, the Mother's "Back To Black" works really well. I've been using it on my wifes Blazer POS and now I use it on my fender flares too. I also use bumper paint on my flares about every six months just to keep 'em lookin' good. Glad I'm not the only one with this problem....[addsig]

Back