Cj7 restoration Need Help

KmCJ782

I'm currently restoring an 82 CJ7 to its original condition, but I have come unstuck locating the material used to upholster the seats.
(Jeep/Bestop Color code "07" NUTMEG)

I have asked Bestop HQ, They avoided the question a few times.

Other have advised me to get some seat covers from Bestop etc, but this is only covering them up. Imuch prefer to reupholster them to original cond.

I want to purchase/find/locate about 15-20 meters of this material any help would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance.

can't help you on the fabric, but I would suggest getting the bestop covers. They look just like a factory seat and are waterproof. They get dirty you just take em off and hose em down. Even if you spend the money to get your seats reupholstered, I'd get the seat covers to keep the vinly looking good and more importantly to keep the frames dry. My dad has a scrambler with 3500 miles on it that is still showroom new and he's got these covers over his seats (which still smell new) cause they are easy to clean and keep any moisture off the seat frames....

i have an 82 CJ 7 so if you need any help or have any questions just ask or pm me. I love mine and its a blast to work on!!!

Thank guys for you reply/help. With the string of dead ends Iv'e been hitting wiyh the CJ seat material I think It's going to be easer finding the Holy Grail !!!!

If you one day find someone with info please let me know.

HI STEER

hey have you thought of taking the best top covers and using them as the seat? i mean taking off the old fabric and using the covers as the new fabric??

yea u buy the new covers and you take off the old seat fabric off and use the new covers as the fabric taht you attach to the seat frame..

On the same page now! My last softop cost me over $2000Au this may become an expensive upholstery job.
I purchase about 10 meters of the material from a Jeep dealership about 7 years ago to do my back seat, the cost was $20/meter, I knew I should have got some more at the time.
I'm sure it can be purchased, if anyone know the part number for the material (jeep/Bestop color code 07 NUTMEG) that will be a good start.
Still searching !!!

On the same page now! My last softop cost me over $2000Au this may become an expensive upholstery job.
I purchase about 10 meters of the material from a Jeep dealership about 7 years ago to do my back seat, the cost was $20/meter, I knew I should have got some more at the time.
I'm sure it can be purchased, if anyone know the part number for the material (jeep/Bestop color code 07 NUTMEG) that will be a good start.
Still searching !!!

Back