Where the heck is the fuel filter in the tj

rcasper

I have a 97 tj which has lost some response, im getting the injectors cleaned but i need to know where the fuel filter is any help would be great.[addsig]

it's in the gas tank. not a big concern for replacement. gotta drop the whole tank, not fun.[addsig]

there is more then one fuel filter on a jeep(car,truck,suv...)

check along the frame rails,check under the hood.

follow the fuel lines from the tank to the motor.[addsig]

Well, with all due respect I was looking for a reply that I could actually use, from someone a bit more technical. I personally dont answer if I dont know, but if your just trying to help I do appreciate it. I would still love a more useful reply to my question though.[addsig]

I think what beretta meant is that there is one filter in the gas tank and another "inline" fuel filter. All you have to do is look at the fuel lines where they come out of the tank and follow them up to the engine and you would have to come upon the filter.

BTW- I don't know beretta personally, but I'd guess from his posts that he's about as technical as they come.[addsig]

On 97 TJ's the fuel filter is actually on top of the fuel pump, called the "fuel filter/pressure regulator". In other words, YES, you do have to drop the tank to get to it. This filter is considered to be a 75,000 mile filter, and shouldn't need to be changed until then. Unless you know there is trash in the system.There is another one inside the tank, that is permanent unless the pump is changed. [addsig]

I try.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Back