New Jeepz.com Jeep VIN Decoder

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I've noticed some talk in the forum about a VIN decoder (or the lack of), so I've gotten our very own VIN decoder up and running. It will currently decode anything from 1972 until present, and I plan on adding older Jeeps as time permits.

You can take it for a spin here:
http://www.jeepz.com/forum/vin.php

If you have any feedback, or don't get the expected results from your vin, just post here and I'll fix it.

Also, if you have VIN decoding info for newer (2006+ Jeeps) I'd love to get this.

Nice. Did you create that yourself?

I paid a developer to write the code, and I've spend the last couple of days looking for VIN info on the net. It turned out to be a bigger project than I had originally expected - Jeep seems to have an endless array of options for each model.

Last edited:

Me likey, Was just lookin for one those 2day. Needed the third digit info, LOL That there is one great tool.. Thanx for lending it to me Terry!!! But im keeping it for my toolbox.. LOL Awsome thanx,

excellect wow i didnt know my jeep origanaly had a 4cyl till now lol

Attachments

• 1206101328.jpg
    1206101328.jpg
    455.8 KB · Views: 649
My grandad just passed away and I inherited his grand ole green jeep truck. I was trying to figure out what model it is but it comes back NA?

You searched for VIN : J3A452WN66XXX

This vehicle's data:
Year: 1973
Plant /Transmission: Toledo - Automatic, Left Hand Drive
Model: N/A
Body Style: Townside Truck
Body Type & Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) Rating: Truck, 5000 lbs GVW
Engine Code: V8, 360, Regular
Model Year: 1973

My grandad just passed away and I inherited his grand ole green jeep truck. I was trying to figure out what model it is but it comes back NA?

You searched for VIN : J3A452WN66XXX

This vehicle's data:
Year: 1973
Plant /Transmission: Toledo - Automatic, Left Hand Drive
Model: N/A
Body Style: Townside Truck
Body Type & Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) Rating: Truck, 5000 lbs GVW
Engine Code: V8, 360, Regular
Model Year: 1973

Post some pics.

Post some pics.

20130207_155246.jpg

He's a bit dirty, but still fires up, battery is shot. Just had an oil change about 3 months ago. J4000 is the Model, I was thrown off because some accessories (like Floor mats) for the J4000 stuff included a back seat mat that was identical to my granny's Cherokee.
20130207_155232.jpg

Note the gun rack, tie chain, and 2nd gas tank access (right side of photo, in the bed).

Here's another http://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/Jeep. For some VIN numbers it shows extended tech info and factory options.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back