Hoard the Twinkies

I don't want to continue beating a dead horse here we started with twinkles and here we are...... I am a man and I can stand on my own. That is what separates the men from the boys. I am done with this thread, time to move on to something else. I can't educate people that don't want to learn....
No need for personal attacks. And as for wanting to move on from a thread started about twinkies, you're the one who introduced the anti-union rhetoric.

When did this blog become about politics?!?!

Screw hostess! Twinkles are bad for you anyway! Stop playing the blame game.

I am union and proud. We have not gotten a pay raise nor a cost of living increase in 8 years but we continue to take hits for our county to keep of from going under. All you guys in the private sector are feeling the pain because of the economy. Years back when you were thriving on your business you were bragging about your success. Now you play the blame game when everything takes a dump.

Lets keep it jeep!

the union is a bad deal for the civil servant guys here at the base i work on. you cannot strike where i work, its part of hte contract to be employed here. the pay is controlled by the average pay of companies around us who do the same type of business, just like all other gov jobs.

the union here is a waste. they try and protect the guys who get in trouble and don;t show up to help the guys who really need it. and at 30 bucks a pay period, what a waste.

dang, totally didn;t even cover the topic.

i don;t really like twinkies anyways. when cupcakes start disappearing, then i will be unhappy.

I'm a zingers man myself. Never really liked twinkies. Yellow Zingers...mmmmmm.:)

A bankruptcy judge had asked Hostess and one of the labor unions to go through a mediation session on Tuesday in order to try to come up with a deal to keep the company in business and save over 18,000 jobs.It didn’t happen:
Hostess Brands lived to die another day.
The maker of Twinkies and Ding Dongs said late Tuesday that it failed to reach an agreement with its second biggest union. As a result, Hostess plans to continue with a hearing on Wednesday in which a bankruptcy court judge will decide if the company can shutter its operations.
The renewed talks between Hostess and The Bakery, Confectionery, Tobacco Workers and Grain Millers International Union came after the company declared last week that it would move to wind down its business and start selling off its assets in bankruptcy court. The company cited a crippling strike that was started on Nov. 9 by the union, which represents 30 percent of Hostess workers.

Let's hope they get bought out so they will live on.

Back