1977 CJ5 seats...

jerms14

As you all probably know, Jeep parts are expensive. I am working on getting a '77 CJ5 moving again and was wondering if anybody knew of any seats out of a different vehicle I could nab the front bucket seats out of that would be similar. Local salvage yard doesn't have any Jeeps and if they did have any, local guy says jeep parts are 'gold'. Got some tubing and angle to make the brackets and just wondering about comparable seats...

My sons 76 CJ5 had S-10 or small blazer bucket seats in it, I'm thinkin they were on the original Jeep mounts. I thought they looked pretty good. Know what you mean bout CJ seats being hard to come by, been looking myself. I have thought Cherokee buckets might fit well.

I have used many diff seat in cj,s. I find ones at junk yard that look very similar to the jeep seats.
On some I had to take the slider off of the junk yard seats and drill new hole in the jeep bracket to fit it. On another set of seats I got, I used a thin sheet of steel and cut it to size to fit over the entire jeep seat bracket and bolted that to the bracket, then drilled the holes and bolted the seat to the steel plate.

76-95 the seat mounts are all very similar, so interchangability is basically bolt on.

also fox body mustang seats will bolt on, you just need to enlarge two holes on the seat bracket.

Back