1981 CJ5 for sale in Louisiana

1981CJ5

Have to sell the jeep.

1981 CJ5, 258 Inline 6. Gets 20mpg and the engine has been through a rebuild 1 year ago. Blazer heater upgrade. The jeep is blue with a denim blue soft top and 2 bikini tops plus the windjammer. The transmission is a T176, shift well in all gears with no grinding, transfer case is a D300, could use a rebuild, but works. Front drive shaft is curretly off, needs new Ujoints in the front and I do not have the time to change them, so I just removed the drive shaft. Running with 31's with at least 90% tread left. Body is pretty much rust free, some bondo from previous owner, but she looks good and is solid. Still running the Carter BBD, but like I said, she is still getting 20 mpg, so why mess with it. She runs strong. Could use some exhaust work, new tail pipe mainly.

That is about it. Looking to get what I paid for it not long ago, $3000, but open to offers also. She is a good jeep for someone with the time to work on her. E me via the board or at jsmith@royalsonestano.com

Dropping the price to $2500. She needs a new radiator and water pump.

E me for more information.

Would you consider some sort of trade? I have a '95 mustang convertible - 3.8 L V-6 - new head gaskets but currently not running - don't know what it is, gets spark and gas and cranks but won't fire. Anyway, just a thought.

Back