1995 YJ Value?

PatrickPresti

Hey Guys,

Thinking about selling my 1995 YJ Wrangler 2.5L 5 Speed 4WD. Just wondering what you think the truck might be worth. Here is what I recently put into the truck within the past few months.
· Completely rebuilt engine
· Transmission rebuilt two years ago with new clutch
· New front and rear transmission and transfer case shaft seals
· Rebuilt u-joints on both driveshaft’s
· New power steering lines
· New master clutch cylinder
· All rust repaired on vehicle
· Durabak interior of truck as well as doors windshield frame, and front left fender
· New custom 3/16” steel bumpers. Front has 2 D rings. Rear has 2” hitch receiver.
· New Besttop Black Soft Top
· New Windshield and wiper blades
· New smitty built neoprene seat covers
· New SONY Radio
· New front and rear brakes
· Tires one year old
· New air filter
· New fuel filter
· New oil in front and rear ends
· New oil in transmission and transfer case
· New bilstein front and rear shocks

What do you guys think?

Without seeing it I'd shoot a guess and say around 3500-4500

this will drop the value significantly

"Durabak interior of truck as well as doors windshield frame, and front left fender"

As someone who buys and sells lots of vehicles, I am always suspect of people who say they repaired the rust and then put a textured bed liner type product on the body pannels, it generally lends itself as a poor repair and or the body work was not done properly.

It would sell around here for about $2000-$3000, even with all that work, most of which would be called regular maintenance; it's still a 2.5l jeep.

I would agree, most of the repair work will not raise the sale value as it is maintenance, not significant enhancement. And dittos on rust repair not always being up to par (not dissing your work, it's just the way it usually is. Your work may be perfect)

As a comparison I just bought a running 95 with brand new Firestone 31s on it. For $1500; granted it needs many of the repairs you have preformed, but once it is repaired completely, I would expect to be able to sell it for about 3500 to 4000.
But to get it to that level it is going to cost me about 1500 in parts and repairs (my own work)
So I would have $3000 into it. (though I won't stop there)
-Ezra

I don't want to jack this thread but I find it interesting. I am selling my 92 Sahara hardtop 92K because I just got a 12 JKR and my wife has a 08 JKUR. I am the original owner with all records. It has a 4" lift with BFG AT's 33/12.5 (2K miles), Dana 44 rear with disks and Detroit, Dana 30 with LockRight, no rust, original interior. Rear hitch, front towbar & receiver. Other stuff. (CA,AZ Jeep). The top has never been off and have never driven it without the doors. I took it to the dealer when I picked up my 12 and asked them what they would sell it for if it was on their lot. They told me they would ask $8,000. Now I realize that they may not get that. I haven't put FS signs on it yet. New Jeep only has 300 miles.

Last edited:
You can't touch a yj that even runs here in oklahoma for less then 4k. Sounds Like a 5 to 6k range one here

the 92 sahara mentioned above would go for the 8k the dealer told you, here

the 92 sahara mentioned above would go for the 8k the dealer told you, here

Thanks for the info. I still haven't put FS signs on it because I don't need to sell it but should because I rarely drive it. The ride and power between the 92 and 12 is night and day!

if you were to put round headlights on it, it would probly be worth 5-6k
up in these parts (Sask Canada) you cant touch a jep for less than 5k and one that is in decent shape with a few mods up around 8k
thats what i will be posting my TJ for

Back