2000 tj jeep wrangler

Ngencs

I am looking into buying a 2000 jeep wrangler sport at a used car dealership. It has about 68,000 miles on it and new tires. The ac doesn't work, the spare tire doesn't match the rest, and the passenger seat doesn't fold up the way it should to let people I'm the back. From what I can see the jeep looks well kept. They are asking $11,999 I was wondering if someone could help me come up with a ball park number for what you might think it is worth and if it is even worth buying. It will be my first jeep! Thanks you!

That Jeep, with standard options, books for $8900 in very good condition. That's private party value, what you would expect to pay another person.

What's up? I'm new to this as well. I just bought a 2000 Sahara in great condition for $11,500 it's got 83,000 miles. Tins of after market parts and was last registered in AZ. "No rust at all anywhere" the NADA was $8700 but the KBB was $13,000. I looked everyday for 2 months.

Attachments

• image-2838198501.jpg
    image-2838198501.jpg
    642.7 KB · Views: 1,093
Didn't matter to me what any of those sites said. I knew what I wanted and was willing to pay a premium for it. I feel like I got a fair deal. Not necessarily a good one but after seeing some of the junk out there and taking 2 hr. Drives to be disappointed, I couldn't be happier.

It would depend what motor and the area you live in. I have a friend that picked up a nice 2004 Rubicon last year for 12500 with 33" tires and a 2" lift.

Didn't matter to me what any of those sites said. I knew what I wanted and was willing to pay a premium for it. I feel like I got a fair deal. Not necessarily a good one but after seeing some of the junk out there and taking 2 hr. Drives to be disappointed, I couldn't be happier.

You hit the nail on the head, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Jeep markets vary nationwide and they hold their value well, often times not reflected by websites.

Good for you. I'm always surprised hkw far, wide, and lo g some folks will drive for what they call the perfect deal. Time and peace of mind are worth plenty.

Oh, and the Jeep looks pretty good too. I have the 2002 Sahara.

It sounds a bit steep to me for the age. I bet the dealer will come off that price by 10℅ if they think you are a buyer with cash.

I bought used too but from a private party. If I were to do it over again, I'd hold out for a Rubicon model even if it meant a few more bucks. My 02 Sahara is fun, but even after lockers, gears, lift, and tires, I'm just about equal to a Rubicon in capability and probably spent more than if I had gone Rubicon right from the get go.

Back