2nd topic of the night,....... the vent? in my 95 YJ

bigTlilODD

Ok, on the passenger side near the firewall by your feet is a round thing (for lack of a better term) that has a vent on the face. What does this do, besides anger me
image-missing.png
I can't seem to get it closed and it just lets in cold air, because it's cold in Albuquerque right now. Even with the vent lever on the console closed or the heater on, this thing is letting in cold air![addsig]

If all else fails Duct Tape! Not a great responce but it gets cold and you can't figure it out Duct Tape. Black Duct Tape in you wish to hide your repair. Just a thought Tug
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I thought it was a heater too, but it only let's in cold air. I figured out a way to close it and it looks like there should ba a cable to it. In fact I found a few things, this weekend, that should have cables attached to. Also alot of the levers are really hard to move and look like they need lubricating. I have no idea how my sis-n-law survived in this thing, during the winter in Denver![addsig]

You're right, the is a door in there that is supposed to close. I *think* the heater cable is supposed to work the door.[addsig]

replacment cables are available at the dealer for about $35 a peice, there's two, one for each lever.. they can be anoying to replace and be prepared to sit upside down in your Jeep to do so
image-missing.png
[addsig]

The 'hole' should close when the heater is turned on. It is nothing more than another vent. It has a cable attached to it, and opens when the vents are and closes when they are not. It does have a cable though.[addsig]

Try some WD 40 on the cables if you can get to em! Or spend 70 buck on new cables and suffer the upside down curse of the jeep dash system. or like I said Duct Tape to the rescue. I was abe to lube my cables after I read theis today with the wd 40 and it did help. Best of luck Tug[addsig]

Back