4 burner no power

I don't know where you get that jeeps are not good for towing off road. the ability to tow isn't based on tow rig weight its based on engine torque, gearing traction, and weight transfer of tow load. Go to the tractor pulls some time and watch the Jeep class pulls...

SHUX ! I've got to clean out my wallet !!!!

But seriously , thanks all for the education . I've been kicking around pulling the Pontiac 151 from my 1980 CJ 5 and replacing it with the 258 from my 1973 CJ 5. The '73 would get a 4.0 ( and all the computer trimmings that go with it ) I've got in storage . I don't think the classic insurance people will care too much (?) but I will since I've got to do over the drive train . The SR 4 won't cut it ( even though 258's had them too ?) and the rear axle will need a ring and pinion set and most likely a resized rear driveshaft . The other half of me wants to keep it stock because I know I'll live longer . As for the '73 , I may toy with rear axle ratio with the t14 / d20 . That will be a while but gathering food for thought . Thanks all !

thanks for the tire info.. its not for jeeps and thats why i have a crawler tractor. vin

While it does expand like all other gasses, about 1 lb for every 10 degrees of temp rise, it does take longer to leak from the tire so you don't have to fill your tires as much. It also is a dry gas so your steel rims will not rust on the inside or less likely in the bead area. Racing uses it as it has a more predictable expansion rate than other gas mixtures and is not flammable.

You might want to look into this more. Some research has been done on this due to the craze and dealers charging $75 to $150 for the fill of four tires.
I could see racing wanting N2 over air for safety and controlled expansion. But this is overkill for the average joe.
Any gas can be dried and filtered with some additional equipment.

the 4 cyl. italian will have a very short life. haveing a jeep with a stock 4 wount sell or it will spon an angry buyer. we need to come with a small, well made engine and easy inter change. vin

my 97 four burner has plenty of power, bought it used, has larger air intake and exhaust, and possibly larger injectors, so I'm told.

besides power, some like to drive on the freeway, that means 70 mph just to keep out of the way. not an easy solution to that.

Back