4 Door Wrangler

Ok hers some pics brought to you by Quadratec of the 2007 Rubi 4 door.

I know that I hate crowds are EJS and I always go down the weekend after but some how I wished I went down this year....ewww baby! Bree was there!

Why does Mopar keep changing the Jeep. True Jeeps are two removable doors and a short wheel base. The Jeep Ultimate is the most ridiculous vehicle I have seen! AMC tried the whole long wheel base thing years ago with the CJ-6 and it sure didn't outsell the cj-5 or 7. Now they think adding doors will help!!!:-|

Upon further inspection I'd probably look into it if I was looking to buy a new Jeep (which I'm not) and if I had kids at the time (which I don't). However, I think that thing is going to need some serious amount of lift to keep from high centering. It may be the angle of the pics, but it just looks a little too long/low for any type of off-roading. I'd have to see it up close to know for sure. Plus, it looks like it would corner like a limo on the Rubicon. I'm getting tired just thinking of all the 6-point turns you'd have to make on the trail!

jaymz77 said:
Why does Mopar keep changing the Jeep. True Jeeps are two removable doors and a short wheel base. The Jeep Ultimate is the most ridiculous vehicle I have seen! AMC tried the whole long wheel base thing years ago with the CJ-6 and it sure didn't outsell the cj-5 or 7. Now they think adding doors will help!!!:-|

Jeep makes many other vehicles that are not two doors and swb. I don't see any problem with a 4 door Wrangler. There are no plans that I know of to stop making the swb two door Jeep so I think we are ok in that regard. No matter what Jeep does there will always be critics. Jeep has evolved a lot since the 40s and will continue to. If they can build something that will draw more people into our addiction and into the woods than more power to them.

Hey - they gotta compete with what's out there to stay in business.

As for the wheelbase, read the specs. Turning radius isn't bad at all. Breakover angle is another story though.

Read last night: "Available in 2 wheel drive"
Booh, hissssss, booooooh!
Also read in Petersens last night, a quote from one of the VP's at DC leading one to believe that the Gladiator might be in the works; utilizing the frame/platform of this four door. If you look at the Gladiator and this 4 door together, there are a lot of similarities. Bumper, grill and fenders are near identical. Doors are similar too.

Hate it......What happened to the boxy look of YJ and XJ???? They need to call that HWJ (hummer wantabee jeep) They should have come back with the commanche. I refuse to waive at one for not knowing if it is 4-wheel drive. Bring back AMC.

Last edited:
south442 said:
Jeep makes many other vehicles that are not two doors and swb.....There are no plans that I know of to stop making the swb two door Jeep so I think we are ok in that regard.
No

OK, so maybe I got my ballocks in a twist over the 4 door. As long as Jeep still makes the 2 door swb I can live with that. I just don't think the new designs off of the swb will sell.

Hmmm. I was okay with it 'till I read the words 2WD. That's disgusting. My, oh my Jeep engineers... what have you done :(

After watching the video, I kind of like it. I doubt I ever own one but if I had the money to blow, I probably would. But, it would not replace my XJ or TJ.

Another thing, I see this one crossing the barrier. I mean soccer moms and off roadies alike will be driving it. Mostly yuppies though I think. Has anyone seen the price yet? Will it be cheaper than the H3?

redrooster said:
Yes. Longer than the unlimted. It has a 116" wheelbase.

AAARRGH! That's 2.5 feet longer than my YJ!:shock:

Don't hate me, but it's starting to grow on me........I might try and talk my wife into getting that instead of the Chevy Equinox she wants........who knows?

jumppr said:
Don't hate me, but it's starting to grow on me........I might try and talk my wife into getting that instead of the Chevy Equinox she wants........who knows?

Well, I don't like it, but it's better than a Chevy Equinox!?!?!:???: At least it's a Jeep!

Watch your arse, jumppr!

Back