87 wrangler 4.2

smalloy24

i have a 87 wrangler with 4.2 just bought new stock carb because i had a miss when at idle and when about 2500 did not fix problem,replaced coil,wires,carb,cap,rotor,plugs same thing it runs smooth but every 10 s or so it kinda stumbles and when giving it gas it gets more aggressive

any ideals thanks

yes with carter is that were the little miss is its new thought it would be good new

If you read through the forums the Carter Carbs are not the best at best. I am in the process of putting the Motorcraft 2100/2150 on my 4.2. My Carter Carb was a constant messing with it. And, I had it rebuilt less than 2 years ago.

When you read the forums, folks have used the Motorcraft 2100/2150, Webers, and Holleys. And everyone has an opinion on which Carb to switch too. The Motorcraft is rather inexpensive switch out.

Just my humble opinion.

my next carb will be the motorcraft carb. i have the weber and its ok

note on that: the cylinders are supposed to be within 10% of each other, if i remember right. one that is a ways out is bad but one that is (say) 120 while the others are 130 is acceptable because it is in the 10% limit

Back