97 jeep grand cherokee 4.0 4wd cranks will not start

JAKE001

slight problem with my jeep grand cherokee , before i attempt to start it i have to wait o the fel pump to stop, and the voltage nd fuel gauge to rise, approx. 2 minutes , ten it will start and run just fine . replaced crank position sensor, fuel pump, ignition switch, and nothing changed , i stil does the exact same thing, i do however hve a check engine light ,its for the 02 sensor where i eliminated the ctalytic converter. if i shut it off and rstart it itcranks fine but if iwait a few minutes , again ill have to leave key in accessory position for 2 minutes , fuel gauge and volt gauge to rise,and it cranks

is your ecu messed up? maybe you have some bad solder joints in the ecu pin or motherboard? zj grand cherokee are wellllllll known for the ecu solder issues.

Have you checked the battery wires for corrosion? Have you cleaned the terminals and ground connections ? Check the battery?

Thanks for your response , it seems that the crank pos. Sensor resolved the problem after all , and I'm going to use your advice also for preventive maintenance , again thank you for your advice.

Thanks for your input, it seems that the issue was resolved with cps , I will take your advice into consideration for the future , thanks

Thanks for your input, it seems that the issue was resolved with cps , I will take your advice into consideration for the future , thanks
should have mentioned if you swap sensors....use OEM sensors. Many aftermarket are bad out of the box or fail really soon.

Back