amp

hellbound

Hello I have an older cj that has the tool box under the pasenger seat. would it be ok to put a amp in it or would it get to hot in there with no ventelation?thanks

Depends on the type of amp. your going to use. If it's got cooling fans then it would not be wise to enclose it. If it's a solid finned case amp(no Fans) then it should be fine. I see a lot of amps. being mounted under the seat with carpeted floors and then covered with another carpet and they don't seem to have a problem with it. Water will be your foe if the amp. does not have an enclosure of some sort.

Even an amp with no fan needs airflow to cool. that's why the fins are on there.

Just like if you wrapped a bunch of blankets around an air-cooled car...it would get too hot;).

Put the amp where air can flow around it!

Ya i was thinking it would get to hot in there .Its a waisted space and i thought to would be a good place to hide it.thanks for your reply's

If you've got a cheap amp I say go for it. It wouldn't be the end of the world to burn up a little audiovox amp from Pep Boys.

Back