Batman movie massacre

TerryMason

Administrator
Staff member
I just heard about this on the way into work.

(CNN)
-- A heavily armed gunman tossed tear gas into an Aurora, Colorado movie theater, then sprayed the audience with gunfire during an early morning screening of the new Batman movie, authorities said. Twelve people died and 50 were wounded.

One of the wounded victims was just 3 months old, according to hospital workers.

Police arrested a man believed to be the shooter in a rear parking lot of the theater, Frank Fania, a police spokesman, told CNN. The suspect was not immediately identified, though Fania said he was believed to be in his early 20s.

"He did not resist. He did not put up a fight," Fania said. Police seized a rifle and a handgun from the suspect, and another gun was found in the theater, he said.

More here:
12 dead, 50 wounded in shooting at Colorado theater, police chief says - CNN.com

I expected by the post title that the batman move was a bomb. Turns out to be much worse.

I'll never understand why people do things like this. If you have problem with someone why not take it out on them instead of a bunch of people you don't even know? Alot of people, friends and familys of the victims left hurting. For what?

In this very sad time for the people of Colorado, I must say. I heard the dispatch recording of the first 10 min. of the incident. The dispatcher kept her calm through out the 10 min I heard it. Even when the stress level went through the roof. As the police officers called out information in a panic she would respond in a calm manner, which in turn calmed down the officers.

With just over eight years in law enforcement myself I hope I never have to face something like this. But if I do I hope I have a dispatcher half as good as the lady from Aruora. I will try to attach the file from work in the AM.

stumblnyj said:
In this very sad time for the people of Colorado, I must say. I heard the dispatch recording of the first 10 min...

Much appreciated I would like to know more about this. All of the news channels say the same thing. I'd like to hear the dispatch for myself.

Last edited:
WTF is up with Colorado? Something in the water over there? Why does this mass casualty shooting scenario always happen in Colorado? I am pro gun, but you are making us look bad Colorado.

Aurora FD audio. AFD site commander must have been a mess by the end. I hope I never find myself in a MASCAL event. Although I've done it in many a practice, I don't want to label the patients that I will treat by a color tag.

This is a terrible thing, and unfortunally the end result will be that the shooter was probably upset over something trival like girlfriend, or money problems.
Very Sad.

Back