Beefed up TJ's?

UrbanJeep

has anyone ever seen or heard of any super modded out TJ's.... I have seen the stroker kit for the TJ, The turbo and supercharger kits.. then their is the guy who put a Dodge Viper motor into his TJ which costed him like BIG $$$[addsig]

The nicest TJ I´ve seen lately is owned by a dealer. 32/33, 12.50 X 16" mud treads on 10 inch rims, about a four inch lift (I guess maybe three) stock looking flares, 0 chrome, all black, not to many extras. The whole thing looks stock, but then again doesn´t, classy understatement. Havn´t looked at the motor yet, sounded like a standard HO. But knowing this guy, I´d guess he cruises it, at about 85-100 MPH. He swears by the TJ suspension.

I´m going to invite him out, to get it dirty, I´ll let you know how it does in the goop.[addsig]

theres this kid around town with a silver TJ, i know his name but ive never met him. Anyways one say i saw him driving by and my friend goes "yea that kid wants to sell the jeep he hates it." I almost passed out hah .. So i see the same kid a few weeks later with PIAA off-road lights and lifted with the 4" skyjacker kit. called my friend and asked him what the deal was. He says "oh yea i heard phil played around in some weak mud puddle and now loves the jeep and is all about going off-roading." saw the jeep a few days ago with the skyjacker stabilizer.

If i had a dollar for every time this happened. Or how about the ones that post stuff like "Ill probably be doin a little riding on trails and paths, nothing serious."
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Let me be the first to admit, I'm guilty as charged lol Rob
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I haven't seen too many beefed up TJ's or YJ's for that fact in my town. Every once and a while you see one,, or unless your in my Jeep everytime you pass by a window
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
!!

I have to admit that I wasn't into off-roading too much, that was until the tires hit the dirt!! As soon as I took it off-road the first time I was hooked!! Now my Jeep has become an obsession, so much in fact that my other love, '94 Camaro is starting to get jealous!!!!
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png

Jeeping is an obsession and a religion, something that will overtake you if you are not careful!![addsig]

Between the intake and exhaust mods, and other engine mods I've dino'ed my '00 TJ at 243 hp. It helps push it down the road and really helps offroad. My TJ has 6" lift and 35's running the stock 3.73 gears - That will be changing this summer. Other than mine we dont have many others up here that the engines are very modified. I plan on next year making it a 4.6l stroker. We'll see happens.

ECOR

darrin@eastcoastoffroad.com[addsig]

I have an '01 tj. I run 37" mtr's and its been a long journey here.

To spin them I have an nv4500 (5.61 first), an atlas 4.3, 4.56's, d44

w/softlocker and a d30 w/trutrac. for lift i have rubicon long arm and

1 inch body and motor mounts. Other things i have is bulletproof

bumpers, dual winches hs9500i frt & x8000i rear, kilby gas tank skid

& others i cant even think of. This things crawls slow, real slow, like

111:1 slow. its amazing. This summer im gonna find out if the axels

are to all the abuse or not. If so im likely to get inner axels, lockouts,

and fullfloating kits for them. Ive beat these for a year and a half so

i will not be surprised if they make it, plus ive rebuilt all the brakets

on them anyways so they should be good to go.[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>I have an '01 tj. I run 37" mtr's and its been a long journey here.

To spin them I have an nv4500 (5.61 first), an atlas 4.3, 4.56's, d44

w/softlocker and a d30 w/trutrac. for lift i have rubicon long arm and

1 inch body and motor mounts. Other things i have is bulletproof

bumpers, dual winches hs9500i frt & x8000i rear, kilby gas tank skid

& others i cant even think of. This things crawls slow, real slow, like

111:1 slow. its amazing. This summer im gonna find out if the axels

are to all the abuse or not. If so im likely to get inner axels, lockouts,

and fullfloating kits for them. Ive beat these for a year and a half so

i will not be surprised if they make it, plus ive rebuilt all the brakets

on them anyways so they should be good to go.</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like you're there, got any pics? How'd ya mount the rear winch?[addsig]

Its all tore apart right now, the nv4500 came today the atlas

will be here likely mon. I will have pics asap. The rear winch

is mounted to the bulletproof bumper. I cut off the lower

crossbar for the spare tire mount and used 1/4 steel plate for

mount on top of the bumper. I has a plate for the roller

fairlead and triangles making it all look smooth. The back

set of mounting bolts on the winch are through the bumper

with the front on the plate. I also added four more mounting

bolts for the bumper. Two through the winch plate into the

top of the frame and two through the center of the bumper

into the frame.[addsig]