Been workin' on my hard top, tryn not to cuss

flatie46

You know, I drove my old CJ all summer with just the bikini top and that was really cool. To be perfectly honest I hardley even road my Harley this year because I enjoyed my Jeep that much. If you really knew me you would say that's hard to believe. Anyway all summer I kept saying I need to do some work to my hard top, the top itself needed a glass and a door also needed one. It had a few minor cracks and a crappy paint job from someone that probably huffed more paint than they sprayed. The hatch needed serious attention with 2 cracks at the narrow area next to the glass. I dropped the top off with a local guy ( The only guy) a month ago to have the glass work done. He said three days, I got it back 3weeks later. I've got the top sanded fixed and painted semi gloss and it really looks good. Been working on the hatch today, it's comming along. All I can say is procrastination has bit me in the butt. It's cold and I can't drive my Jeep till the top's done. Hope to have it done by the weekend, sure do miss it.

I kind of feel your pain man. I had my top and doors off all summer until I was rear ended. The body shop Geico picked out turned out to be the worst thing to happen to my Jeep (they also took 3 weeks to get it back to me after quoting me 11 days). I got it back and put the hard top on to get it ready for winter, and the idiots at the body shop screwed up the tailgate so it's lopsided. The back glass on the hard top won't stay shut now. They also broke my passenger side door lock mechanism as well as got red paint on my driver side seat. Some people shouldn't be allowed near a car imo. You should post some before and after pics of the hard top once it's all done.

aren;t you supposed to pick your body shop? thats how our insurance works, we have state farm though

I kind of feel your pain man. I had my top and doors off all summer until I was rear ended. The body shop Geico picked out turned out to be the worst thing to happen to my Jeep (they also took 3 weeks to get it back to me after quoting me 11 days). I got it back and put the hard top on to get it ready for winter, and the idiots at the body shop screwed up the tailgate so it's lopsided. The back glass on the hard top won't stay shut now. They also broke my passenger side door lock mechanism as well as got red paint on my driver side seat. Some people shouldn't be allowed near a car imo. You should post some before and after pics of the hard top once it's all done.
Yea, I'm not much on posting pics. I need to learn though, I'll get my better half to show me again when I'm done. The top will look much better than the Jeep. Lol.

Geico told me that this particular body shop was their "preferred" body shop in my area so I just went with it. Little did I know...I should have done my research first. :(

if its the insurance companies preferred shop its because that shop gives them a super deal by cutting corners on getting your vehicle fixed. nest time, check with 4 or 5 shops and you pick the shop by the vehicles they are working on the previous repairs they have done. never ever pick the preferred shop of the insurance company because you are just saving the insurance company money for their employee christmas party while you vehicle is getting junk yard parts and crappy work.

just for your knowledge :)

Actually I really appreciate that :) This was the first time I've ever had to take a car to the body shop so I had no clue what I was doing. I figure Geico would do what was best but I guess not.

No problemo, I had to find out the hard way also back in my early 20s

Today I was able to get the paint off the i.d. tag on my door and make out the brand name of my top. It's a Grizzly One by rebel manufacturing in S.C. Couldn't find anything out about 'em on the web. Anybody heard of 'em?

Back