better than 10mpg... please help!

Jeeper84

Hi, I'm trying to get my Jeep back into the swing of things after a 3 month rest. Did the oil, oil filter, air filter, plugs, wires, and am currently trying to put in a new rotor and distributor cap. I've put fuel injector cleaner in it. Used anti-carbon cleaning oil. Cleaned the throttle body. new throttle body position sensor. what else can I do? I dont wanna go and buy aftermarket stuff. I just want to get her back to stock mpg. I dont push her with the gas pedal... I shift at about 1500-1800. she idles at about 900-1000. Thanks for the help guys! -Mike :D

Buy some Seafoam at the local Napa or other parts store, and follow the directions for sucking it into the intake (I use the brake vacuum), and for adding it to the fuel tank. This cleans carbon from the engine and helps the catalytic converter, and will help the stale fuel in the gast tank.

What type and year of jeep, how many miles?

everyone that has ever used seafoam has had GREAT results... except for me... i used it, and NOTHING happened... but that could be because i'm constantly cleaning it out with chemtool

At the very least the smoke is cool after sucking it into the intake and letting the jeep sit a while, then starting it back up. The look on the neighbor's faces is worth the price of the can.

Thanks, guys! I'll try that. She's a '94 YJ with 67k miles. I cant afford the $50 a week on gas. I'll try anything within reason. Thanks again! I'll tell you how it goes. -Mike :D

Back