blinkers and horn

desertrunner

The blinkers and horn on my 93 xj arnt working..... It's not fuses and connections look good. I would like to have them working in la traffic ha..they Havnt worked since I bought it

Do the blinkers come on and stay on, or just not do anything at all when activated?

Do you hazards work?

I'm thinking start with a relay / flasher. Then possibly a bad ground or connector.

Horn works now

Hey desertrunner ! Glad to know Terry Mason is on the job with you ! He's on the right track with the turn signal relay and emergency flasher relay as one or both may be interrupting the circuit . Even though you feel the column is wrong for the truck , if the turn signal harness is connected at the column under dash , there ought to be a connection to the circuit from the column as long as the plugs are connected at the base of the column , I believe . I never did ask if that was hooked up own your column with the pre-91 column in the rig now . Curious to know how much different is this column from say the '97 wreck ? Wonder can anything be salvaged to help you . Still wishing you luck .

Back