Borgenson Steering Shaft

jsharifi

Has anyone had any experience with one of these steering shafts? I'm interested in one from a durability standpoint. My CJ only has 2 1/2 inches of lift, so I'm interested in how good one would be on a slightly lifted application versus a replacement stock model.

Thanks in advance,
Jim
85 CJ

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font size=-1>Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT SIZE=-1><BLOCKQUOTE><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2[/IMG]Originally posted by jsharifi:
Has anyone had any experience with one of these steering shafts? I'm interested in one from a durability standpoint. My CJ only has 2 1/2 inches of lift, so I'm interested in how good one would be on a slightly lifted application versus a replacement stock model.

Thanks in advance,
Jim
85 CJ
</font></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Jim,
No firsthand experience but, I have an article from JP mag indicating this is a great replacement part with excellent durability. One is on my wishlist for my 81 CJ-7. I don't remember the specifics as to how much lift the vehicle they did the replacement on had. I'll try to find it and repost.

------------------
Deny
81CJ-7

They're kind of pricey, but I guess it'd be better than a stock shaft. If you're ever going to upgrade your steering box to an AGR, do them both at the same time. The AGR takes a different knuckle than the stock ones, so you'll be out $80 to replace the one on the Borgeson.

FYI

Bryan

Back