Brake line blow out... twice!

rielly

Guys I had two Edelbrock extended front brake lines completely snap on me. Both broke in the same spot, just below the upper nut. These where put on carefully and not twisted weakening the metal. They are also plenty long enough when turning the tires fully in either direction.

What could cause this? I'm scared sh#tless actually. Both times when they snapped I lost the brakes completely. I've been lucky not to get in a wreck.

Scary part is 4wd gave me another set but I'm concerned these lines are faulty and it could happen again.

Any thoughts????

Thanks,
Tom

Are they too long that they are getting caught on something?

Once you put the new ones on.Take some time turn the wheel back and fourth to check for clearance.Also put the front end on jack stand with no wait on the suspension then put a jack under the suspension and flex it to see if it is getting caught somewhere.

Other than that I have no idea why they would break.

I'll try that... can't imagine its getting caught but maybe. There's no way improper bleeding could put too much pressure on them and cause them to burst??

Thanks,
Tom

Too much pressure on any thing could cause it to burst.But if these are new I would assume there would be weaker places that would blow first from pressure.

How are you bleeding them?

The way I do it is with 2 people.

One pumps the brakes till they are firm then holds it,The second cracks the bleeder open a little until the pedal goes soft or fluid comes out.Repeat the process until you get fluid keeping an eye on the fluid level in the reservoir.Start with the the closest brake the master cylinder and work you way the the furthest.Always do all 4 even if you only worked on the front brakes.

Normally that would be the front driver,then front pass,rear driver,then rear pass.

Back