Buying new bushings and removing track bars on YJ

Hi guys,

After reading about the benefits of removing the track bars on a YJ. I'd like to that and get ready for he process.

I'll replace the worn out bushings with new polyurethane ones and also I'm planning to buy a kit of new bolts as I've seen that it might be a pain to remove them and I might just cut them.

Do I also need to buy new U bolts? Or that should be easy to remove and reuse?

What else should I keep in mind? I was looking in buying greaseable bolts, is it worth it or just good bushing are enough?

Thanks!

I cant tell you anything about the track bar as I have never had one. The bushings can be tough to get out, you may need to cut bolts, use heat to soften the rubber bushing so it can slide out easier, hammers and a punch ect... I don't see the need to remove the axle ubolts to change the spring bushings but if you take them off, YES I would get new ones. Old ones stretch. Although I have used my old ones more than once.

Stick with rubber spring bushings to avoid a harsh ride.

Removing the rear track bar is a good idea as it does little to nothing.

The front is a different story. The front axle tracks behind the shackles, the shackles allowing side to side movement of the front axle. This can lead to some squirrelly handling. I ran without one but it's not for everyone. Most I can say is try it and see what you think.

Back