Carburated ford 302 in a yj?

fifa472

RE: Avatar?

I have a rebuilt ford 302 with a holley 650 cfm carb from a 68 mustang. I had to sell the car but I kept the engine. What would i need to do as far as electrical to switch from fuel injection in my 93yj to swap in the carburated 302. Would it be possible to remove the ecu and run a painless wiring kit to an aftermarket ignition system? Or would it be better to swap the carb for EFI and splice that harness into the existing one? Thanks for any help

Junkpile - just saw this 2A for ya

First it will depend on what your state laws are. usually, as in CT, the engine needs to be the same year or newer for starters. That is a nice light engine to swap in. You would have to contact the adapter kit manufactures for everything else. It's not cheap.

Re: RE: Re: RE: Test your subconscience!

not sure whats legal with inspection laws in your area, but when i put my chevy 350 in my 91 YJ i didn't even have to use a painless wiring kit, all the guages in the carbed engine are mechanical so your old ones are junk anyway...i purchased a single wire alternator from summit, and it was pretty easy...pricy, but easy...i would hope you're considering replacing the transmission as well, and if your not you should...even the 6 cyl transmission wont hold up under the power....and while you're at it, probably should start looking at a new rear end, dont forget the engine mounts and xfer case adapters from advanced adapters, but unless you've got about 5 G's to play around with i wouldnt recomend the engine swap.

RE: Here we go - pregnant again!

I really can't add anything to what's been said except to say......even though I hate Ford.....those little V8s ARE lightweight and compact, the perfect size for a SWB Jeep.

RE: West Coast Jeepz Location

I have a 89 yj with an GT302 ford on a carbuator(1993).I just used all the factory gauges and a MSD-6AL to fire the motor.I also used a auto-overdrive trans.It all works fine,but I don't need the ODtransmission.4.10 with 33"tires is not too bad on the highway.The stock rear's will last while you biuld bigger ones just don't be rough on it,alocker will help. foster.b

Back