Cb grounding

TrailRatedRN

This may have been asked, but I cannot seem to find the answer in just the words to make sense to me.

I am mounting a firestick directly to the fender of my Jeep. Do I still need to run a ground wire? If yes, does the ground wire attach to the mount or to the screw above the mount that physically holds the antenna?

Not sure exactly what type of mount you're using,but the shielding of the cable goes to ground & the center conductor of the cable goes to the antenna. If your fender is steel(not fiberglass) the mount should be grounded thru the bolts(or screws) attaching it. Hope that helps!

I run a 4ft firestick off the spare tire holder on the back. All that's on it is the firestick, connector, then coax from the stick to my cb. The only thing that I run a ground wire directly to is my cb, then I run the power wire from the cb into an open fuse spot. Hope this helped.

Attachments

• image-4130118249.png
    image-4130118249.png
    973.3 KB · Views: 180
The fender of my Wrangler is steel. I am using a metal side mount (looks like an L) with 4 bolts thru the fender and and a horizontal lip that provides a bolt-like base where an antenna is screwed in from the top and the coax is screwed on from the bottom. Make sense?

From my interpretation of TLCJ5, I do not need to attach a ground wire b/c my bolts are creating the ground. Correct me if someone thinks I am making a mistake.

Back