Cherokee in the top 10 most influential vehicles list

WTF???? every 4x4 suv was based on the CJ models!!!! not an XJ :-x :-x [addsig]

A saying comes to mind with this. "Don't kill the messenger". I was only posting the article. :) Other influential SUVs to add to the list might be the original Jeep Wagoneers, International Scouts, Ford Broncos, Chevy Blazers of the 60s. I'm willing to give credit where credit is due.
[addsig]

hmmm well they're right about XJ's being the SH*T :cool:

edited by: jeepmaster, Mar 11, 2003 - 07:05 PM[addsig]

no no im not mad at your jeep40, or the person(s) who wrote the article, im just saying they are missinformed, or just plain stupid[addsig]

I have to laugh at how easily ticked you get :lol: The article is correct due in fact that a CJ, YJ, TJ are not constituted as Sport UTILITY's. The article was refering to Sport UTILITIY vehicles.[addsig]

BMW 2002; Chevy Corvette; Dodge Caravan/Plymouth Voyager; Ford F-Series pickup, Taurus and Mustang; Jeep Cherokee; Toyota RAV4; and the Volkswagen Rabbit/GTI and Beetle
these are the CARS and trucks so obviously it wasnt limited to SUVs, and im not mad or "ticked" i just cant belive they would list a RAV4 and a XJ, both products of the gusiness of a MB, and from the popularity of a cj5[addsig]

I wasn't saying the whole article was about suvs just the small paragraph about the in the middle..............Bullet[addsig]

the jeep cherokee was the first vehicle described by the phrase: "sport utility vehicle." CJ's didn't lay the foundation for the dozens of different models of SUV's seen today (explorers, xterras, troopers, etc.). the CJ was the forerunner of the TJ's and YJ's... obviously. but yes, the XJ was the first SUV, and i'm a proud owner![addsig]

EZ there Far Right! Remember no matter what mag or rag you pick up on the news stand they are writen by paid wrighters who will ezly sway towards the the cash and who knows they may have now or at one time owned a XJ or RAV4. Just an opion in print! tug
[addsig]

Don't get me wrong, but I love the XJ. As someone before said: "It is the S**T!!

However, I know the early bronco is a SUV, and the manufacturing run was from 66-77. Landcruiser had a pre 84 SUV too.

But remember NONE of those are JEEPS![addsig]

you will occasionally find me hugging my jeep... :) lol[addsig]

i had a xj befor i flipped it . i loved it alot theres some pros and cons to the wrangler. i dunno whats best. its base on prefrence. there still jeeps.(but i dont consider the liberty a jeep) just my 2 cents :-D [addsig]

From the article:

"The Cherokee, Consumer Reports says, helped transform the SUV into an everyday family vehicle...."

I'm not dissing the Cherokee, it has some nice features, but is this one that you REALLY want to brag about?

As someone pointed out before.. there were wagon body SUV/Trucks before the Cherokee.. namely the Bronco,Blazer,Wagoneer, and LandCruiser.

The Cherokee distinguished itself by being more carlike (on the road) than the others.

Again, Cherokee is a fine vehicle but why would you ever brag about this article?

Cheers,
ONAGER[addsig]

"Consumer Reports judges vehicles on emergency handling, acceleration, braking, fuel economy and comfort, among other things."

Exactly where does the CJ, YJ or TJ fit into these determining factors ;-) Comfort isn't a CJ, YJ, or TJ feature, is it??? CJ and Wranglers are built to go anywhere, not to be a family car. Unless, your family consists of 4 mud/trail hungry folks that are too big for a child seat. :-D [addsig]

This is pointless.
I pointed out the Wagon thing, but as I said they are all jeeps.

We Cherokee owners weren't BRAGGING about anything. We were simply defending ourselves from the somewhat hapless criticism we get from many Wrangler owners.

Cherokees CAN do some things that Wranglers can't, and visa versa.

This debate is a stupid as Coke vs. Pepsi, Bud vs. Coors. It's all a matter of preference and taste. :roll:

Don't turn us Jeep owners to the yokels that argue Ford vs. Chevy. We don't want to be THOSE people

edited by: mingez, Mar 23, 2003 - 02:20 AM[addsig]

Back