Clutch noise

abe

Hi guys and girls, its been a long time since i have been on here. I have a 97 wrangler 2.5 and im hearing a clicking noise when i push in the clutch and as i let off the clutch. i was hopeing i could get a few more miles out of the old clutch but if thats that then i guess ill get a new one. Or could it b a throw out bearing? thanks yall.

If it is in fact the t.out bearing thats making the noise, i wouldn't waste my time replacing just the bearing if i had to rip out the trans. and then do the same thing after a few hunderd miles down the road cause the clutch and the pressure plate is worn out. I would replace the clutch disc, pressure plate, pilot bearing and the t.out bearing if any of these components fail due to age however, i would consider just replacing one particular component that failed due to a manufacturers defect knowing that all the other components are still fairly new.

Now that's the million dollar question. I don't know how bad your t.out bearing's condition or if it's even that. I simply responded to your post based on the symptoms you have described.

Are you getting one click as you push the pedal (like it's something in the linkage, granted most of it is hydraulic) ? Or, are you getting a repeating, engine speed click as you hold the pedal down? One click could be as simple as the pedal pin or safety switch binding up a little. Does it do it with the engine off? -John

Back