computer gurus help!

Gone&DoneIt,
they at least sent me Version 8 of the City Navigator North America, it is a great improvement over the one I have for my Etrex from Mapsource. ;)

Yeah,... It is a lot better. The National Geo backroads is a pain. I thought I had it set up right, but it wont auto track on the laptop. Found out today, it doesnt support the garmin quest... so I am heading back to REI to pick up Delorme Topo USA... I'll let you know how it works...

oh yeah,... I would have thought the big lable on the cover of the dvd case,... or the three big letters on the disk that read D V D would have tipped you off,... I understand,... it's a Dallas thing,... no worries Bro.

You went to A&M didnt you!!!!!:p :p :p

I was wonderin' if you guys could help me install a game I got.........won't fit in my 5.25" floppy drive?!?!?!!?!?!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

..................................and won't run with my DOS??!?!?!?!?!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh yeah,... I would have thought the big lable on the cover of the dvd case,... or the three big letters on the disk that read D V D would have tipped you off,...
You went to A&M didnt you!!!!!:p :p :p

you're REAL funny. The letters are only about 1/16" inch tall there pal!

I understand,... it's a Dallas thing,... no worries Bro.
Dallas.. what is THAT all about? :roll:

I did price me an internal DVD drive today for about $60.
Me thinks I'll just stick one in this ole' desktop and be done with it.;)

I was wonderin' if you guys could help me install a game I got.........won't fit in my 5.25" floppy drive?!?!?!!?!?!!!:lol: :lol:

..................................and won't run with my DOS??!?!?!?!?!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ohh thats rich....:purple: :purple: :purple: :purple:

You know, I could have and should have just kept my mouth shut, but in my moment of revelation and jubulation I spilled my folly to my so-called cyber friends and now everyone is a comedian!!!

:purple: :purple: :purple: :purple: :purple: :purple:

ohh thats rich....:purple: :purple: :purple: :purple:

You know, I could have and should have just kept my mouth shut, but in my moment of revelation and jubulation I spilled my folly to my so-called cyber friends and now everyone is a comedian!!!

:purple: :purple: :purple: :purple: :purple: :purple:

I think the funniest part of it is that I did the exact same thing. I sent a scalding email to Garmin raising hell because they sent me a cd that wouldnt load, to replace the other cd that wouldn't work,... blah blah blah,... terrible quality control standards,... blah blah blah,... the email I got back was "Sir, are you sure the drive in your toughbook is a DVD rom?"

I didn't send an answer!!!

Nothin but Love XJay!!!

HOOK EM BABY!!!!!! Class of '95!

Now, before you go and drop coin on a DVD drive, you're REAL sure you didn't get one of these...right?

image-missing.png

Last edited:

Don't feel too bad 90, this conversation happened last night:
"Taylor go grab my keys off the kitchen counter"

"Okay"

(a minute or two later)

"They're not in there Dad"

"Did you actually look"

"Yeah"

Sharply: "No you didn't... nevermind, I'll get them myself"

(walking away from him)

"Uh, Dad... they're hanging out of your back pocket!!! "

Last edited:
I just wanted to let you all know that this weekend I installed a writable DVD drive so my previously out of date desktop is within tolerances again.:lol: :lol:

Guess I'm a little late. I was going to tell you have have a couple DVD-RW's sitting around doing nothing. I would have given you one for the shipping cost. Sorry.

I might be interested in one, if the offer still stands!!

cheapo mud

NO WAY!
Raven is going to GIVE them to me and then you can contact me about a price.!!:purple: :purple: :purple: :purple:

JK!!!

Thanks Raven for the offer, that is kind of you.
I found a good deal on a Memorex at Orfice Max.

Back