Coolant Level Sensor Replaced, Still Getting Chime (02 WJ)

dingus

Hi all,

Been a while since I've been on here, I like some of the changes! I've got my '02 Grand Cherokee Laredo, 115k miles... a while ago (right after I changed my oil last), I started getting a "Coolant Level Low" warning in my overhead display. I stopped by the Jeep dealer and picked up an OEM sensor and installed it. No sweat.

Note: This is the coolant LEVEL sensor, in the overflow bottle - NOT the coolant TEMP sensor, in the t-stat housing.

Anyways, this was about 3 weeks ago, and I'm still getting the annoying chime and "Coolant Level Low" warning. Do I need to reset the computer or something to make this warning go away? Sometimes it shows up as soon as I start the jeep, other times it will kick on half way to where I'm going, rarely it won't come on at all.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!
-Nate

Try this.. Turn the ignition key on, engine off. When the warning comes on the Overhead module, Press the RESET button and hold it for 5 seconds, then start the engine. let it run for 1 minute then shut it down.. Turn the key back on and see if the warning comes back on..

Try this.. Turn the ignition key on, engine off. When the warning comes on the Overhead module, Press the RESET button and hold it for 5 seconds, then start the engine. let it run for 1 minute then shut it down.. Turn the key back on and see if the warning comes back on..

Tried this... held down reset 5 seconds while key was in "on" position. Started it up, the "Coolant Level Low" warning came on while I was letting it run for the 1 minute. Turned if off and back on - drove for a while and the warning is still there.

My buddy's 94GC a while back, we were able to scan his ECU codes by holding down the right combination of buttons and starting it... isn't there something similar for my '02? It wasn't as simple as holding reset, from what I recall...

Thanks,
-Nate

Ok, I found the solution:

1. Insert key, move to 'run' position (don't start)
2. Wait for odometer to show up on dash
3. Move key back to acc (odo turns off)
4. Move key to "run" (wait for odo)
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 (slowly) until "Done" appears on your odometer (or, if you're having error codes, it will display the codes instead of "Done"

Back